Business Administration (Executive M.B.A.) - M.B.A.
Department of Management and Information Systems
A432 Business Administration Building
The Master of Business Administration degree for professionals (Executive M.B.A.) prepares students for leadership positions in regional, national and international organizations. Curricular and co-curricular emphases are on ethical leadership, teamwork, creative problem solving, global perspectives and skillful applications of information technology.
The Executive M.B.A. is a highly personalized and interactive educational experience. The program is structured such that students take all their classes together, study in teams and interact with senior business faculty. Professional development workshops and free career coaching are included in the program.
The program is offered in an accelerated delivery, with courses offered in seven-to-nine-week modules, and students being able to earn the degree in 19 months. Students enter the program in August, starting with a three-day overnight residency. After that, they meet once monthly on weekends for classes. A 10-day international business experience is included midway through the program, providing participants with an applied learning experience abroad.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
- Independence, Ohio, Location
AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale1 for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- Seven years experience in a responsible position
- Goal statement
- Three forms of recommendation
- Interview with the Executive M.B.A. program director
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score (internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies admission website. For more information on international admissions, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website.
Some applicants may be asked to take the GMAT in cases of an undergraduate GPA lower than a 3.000 or for other reasons.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates from the program will be able to:
- Use critical thinking skills to apply analytical models and concepts to make business decisions.
- Present business knowledge and decisions individually and as a team.
- Understand the ethical and legal implications of business decisions.
- Understand the impact of globalization on business decisions.
|EMBA 67021||GLOBAL CONDITIONS AND MACROECONOMIC POLICY-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67022||MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67031||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67032||ACCOUNTING INFORMATION FOR EXECUTIVES-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67040||OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67041||APPLIED STATISTICAL ANALYSIS-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67042||GLOBALIZATION AND TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67043||DYNAMICS OF LEADERSHIP FOR EXECUTIVES-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67051||MARKETING MANAGEMENT-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67061||FINANCIAL PLANNING AND STRATEGY-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67062||MONEY AND CAPITAL MARKETS-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67071||HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67082||LEGAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT ON MANAGERIAL DECISION-MAKING-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67085||EXECUTIVE POLICIES AND PLANNING-EMBA||2|
|EMBA 67091||SEMINAR IN EXECUTIVE SKILLS DEVELOPMENT-EMBA (course is repeatable)||4|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||32|