Business Analytics - Graduate Certificate
Department of Management and Information Systems
A432 Business Administration Building
The Business Analytics graduate certificate provides individuals, especially those without analytics job titles or responsibilities but with the burning desire for the field, the opportunity to familiarize themselves with this ever-growing and versatile discipline. The certificate program would also enable these individuals to augment their knowledge base beyond their chosen professions and improve their value to their employers and businesses, or marketability if they choose to change jobs.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
AACSB, International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- GMAT or GRE scores1
- Goal statement
- Two-to-Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
The GRE/GMAT may be waived for recent (within five years) KSU baccalaureate graduates with a minimum 3.500 overall GPA, and applicants with 3 or more years of relevant work experience. Applicants may transfer credits towards the MSBA or a cognate degree program if admitted into that program.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- develop proficiency in the framing of business and analytics problems,
- provide leadership and decision-making abilities using analytics tools in different business contexts throughout the model lifecycle,
- develop competencies in identifying data needs and sources, data acquisition and the cleaning and refining of data for analytical processing,
- develop competencies in analytical model selection, software selection and model building,
- develop competencies in deploying, validating and interpreting analytical solutions.
The premise of the certificate program is to provide graduates a firm grasp of important analytical techniques and the knowledge of how to best implement, interpret, and communicate them in a variety of business contexts. This goal is pursued using a "Three-Foci Model" design that integrates data analysis, information and data management, and decision-making and leadership. This model can be summarized as encompassing analytics technologies, techniques, and decision-making processes.
|MIS 64018||QUANTITATIVE MANAGEMENT MODELING||3|
|MIS 64036||BUSINESS ANALYTICS||3|
|MIS 64060||FUNDAMENTALS OF MACHINE LEARNING||3|
|MIS 64082||DATABASE MANAGEMENT AND DATABASE ANALYTICS||3|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||12|