Business - Minor
Department of Management and Information Systems
404 Business Administration Building
The Business minor provides students with exposure to a basic business core and helps them gain an overview of the world of business while pursuing a degree in another field.
Fully Offered At:
- Ashtabula Campus
- Geauga Campus
- Kent Campus
- Salem Campus
- Stark Campus
- Trumbull Campus
- Tuscarawas Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students enrolled in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students enrolled only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
- Minimum 2.500 overall Kent State GPA; or if new freshman, no established GPA is required.
- Students declared in a major in the College of Business Administration cannot declare the Business minor.
|ACCT 23020||INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING||3|
|ECON 22060||PRINCIPLES OF MICROECONOMICS (KSS)||3|
|ECON 22061||PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS (KSS)||3|
|FIN 36053||BUSINESS FINANCE||3|
|MKTG 25010||PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING||3|
|MIS 24053||INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER APPLICATIONS||3|
|MIS 24163||PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT||3|
|MIS 34054||USING INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR SOLVING BUSINESS PROBLEMS||3|
|or MIS 34165||DYNAMICS OF LEADERSHIP|
|or MIS 34180||HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||24|
|Minimum Minor GPA|
- Students are expected to satisfy course prerequisites for all courses required in the minor. Prerequisites are not tied to a particular catalog; therefore it is important to look at the most current information about a course.
- To earn a College of Business Administration minor, students must complete at least 50 percent of the total required credit hours for the minor at Kent State University, at least 6 credit hours in the minor must be at the upper division (30000 and 40000 level), and at least 6 credit hours in the minor must be different from courses in the student's major and minor(s). Students may not pursue a minor and major in the same discipline.
- It is recommended that students pursuing the Business minor take a statistics course and an operations course.
- In computing minor GPA, all attempts of 30000-level courses are included in the calculation.