Healthcare Systems Management for Non-Business Majors - Minor
Department of Management and Information Systems
A432 Business Administration Building
The Healthcare Systems Management for Non-Business Majors minor fills the management niche in healthcare and builds strong synergies. These synergies complement student and industry interests in healthcare systems management as a minor and builds a more marketable repertoire for students.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
To declare the Healthcare Systems Management for Non-Business Majors minor, students must have a minimum 2.500 overall Kent State University GPA. No Kent State University GPA is required if the student is a first-semester freshman or transfer student admitted in good standing.
Only students declared in a major outside the College of Business Administration may declare this major.
|MIS 34157||INTRODUCTION TO HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT||3|
|MIS 34158||MANAGERIAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT||3|
|MIS 34159||MANAGING HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS OPERATIONS||3|
|MIS 44152||PROJECT MANAGEMENT||3|
|Minor Electives, choose from the following:||6|
|INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING|
|PRINCIPLES OF MICROECONOMICS (KSS)|
|ECONOMICS OF HEALTH CARE|
|PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT|
|HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT|
|SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT|
|PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING|
|INTRODUCTION TO PUBLIC HEALTH|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||18|
|Minimum Minor GPA|
- Students may not pursue a minor and major in the same discipline.
- In computing the minor GPA, all attempts of 30000- and 40000-level courses in the minor are included in the calculation.
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).