Leadership - Minor
Department of Management and Information Systems
404 Business Administration Building
Responsible leadership involves making sustainable business decisions that consider the interests of all stakeholders including employees, clients, suppliers, customers, society, the environment and future generations. Addressing these varied and often conflicting concerns requires skill.
The purpose of this minor is to provide students skills in understanding the business environment as a system of interrelated and interdependent parts, how to analyze the system to identify opportunities and challenges for addressing stakeholder concerns and skills for influencing others to work toward sustainable practices.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
- To declare the minor, students must have a minimum 2.500 overall Kent State University GPA. No Kent State University GPA is required if the student is a first-semester freshman or transfer student admitted in good standing.
|CACM 11001||INTRODUCTION TO CONFLICT MANAGEMENT (DIVD) (KSS)||3|
|or COMM 25863||BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION|
|or MIS 34175||LEARNING TO LEAD|
|or MIS 44395||SPECIAL TOPICS IN MANAGEMENT|
|MIS 24163||PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT||3|
|MIS 34165||DYNAMICS OF LEADERSHIP||3|
|Management and Information Systems (MIS) Electives, choose from the following:||6|
|ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT|
|THE BUSINESS CASE FOR SUSTAINABILITY|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||15|
|Minimum Minor GPA|
- In computing the minor GPA, all attempts of 30000 and 40000-level courses in the minor are included in the calculation.
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).