Management for Business Majors - Minor
Department of Management and Information Systems
A432 Business Administration Building
The Management minor provides a basic core of management courses, with emphasis on strategic management, leadership and the management of employees. Students gain an overview of managerial functions and expertise that will add value to the career preparations provided by their major programs.
Fully Offered At:
- Ashtabula Campus
- Kent Campus
- Stark Campus
- Trumbull Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
- To declare the minor, students must have a minimum 2.500 overall Kent State University GPA. No Kent State University GPA is required if the student is a first-semester freshman or transfer student admitted in good standing.
- Students in the Business Management major may not declare this minor or the Management for Non-Business Major minor.
|COMM 20001||INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION||3|
|or COMM 25863||BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION|
|ENG 30064||ARGUMENTATIVE PROSE WRITING||3|
|or ENG 30065||EXPOSITORY PROSE WRITING|
|HRM 34180||HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT||3|
|MGMT 34054||USING INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR SOLVING BUSINESS PROBLEMS||3|
|or MGMT 34185||INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP BEHAVIOR IN ORGANIZATIONS|
|MGMT 34165||DYNAMICS OF LEADERSHIP||3|
|or MGMT 34175||LEARNING TO LEAD|
|or PSYC 31773||INDUSTRIAL PSYCHOLOGY|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||18|
|Minimum Minor GPA|
- Students may not pursue a minor and major in the same discipline.
- In computing the minor GPA, all attempts of 30000- and 40000-level courses in the minor are included in the calculation.
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).