Military and Leadership Studies - Minor
Department of Management and Information Systems
404 Business Administration Building
Leadership styles, organizational structure and behavior and a global perspective form the common ground between the military and business. The Military and Leadership Studies minor provides an overview of management, leadership and international business. Students will gain military perspective through hands-on experience as well as coursework. The interdisciplinary minor is open to all students.
A minor in Military and Leadership Studies allows students who have completed specialized ROTC or military service courses to receive credit for this training. Normally, these courses are applied as electives within a degree program. The minor provides proof on a student's transcript that they have specialized in the area of Military and Leadership Studies.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
|MIS 24163||PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT||3|
|MIS 34165||DYNAMICS OF LEADERSHIP||3|
|Aerospace Studies (ASTU), Military Science (MSCI) or Military Credit Electives||6|
|Leadership Electives, choose from the following:||3|
|LEARNING TO LEAD|
|HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT|
|INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP BEHAVIOR IN ORGANIZATIONS|
|Military History Electives, choose from the following:||3|
|WORLD WAR II|
|THE GLOBAL COLD WAR|
|US FOREIGN RELATIONS, 1898-1945|
|US FOREIGN RELATIONS SINCE 1945|
|WAR AND SOCIETY IN THE UNITED STATES FROM 1865 TO THE PRESENT|
|COMPARATIVE THIRD WORLD REVOLUTIONS|
|HISTORY OF CONTEMPORARY AFRICA|
|MODERN EUROPEAN HISTORY, 1914-1945|
|MODERN RUSSIA, 1917-PRESENT|
|EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY AMERICA:1714-1789 (DIVD)|
|THE HOLOCAUST:THE DESTRUCTION OF EUROPEAN JEWRY, 1938-1945|
|POLITICS OF WAR|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||18|
|Minimum Minor GPA|
- In computing the minor GPA, all attempts of 30000 and 40000-level courses in the minor are included in the calculation.
- Military Science and Aerospace Studies Professors may grant access to junior and senior level courses for non-ROTC students who are pursing a Military and Leadership Studies minor and who are not contracted ROTC students.
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).