Educational Administration - Higher Education - Ed.S.
School of Foundations, Leadership and Administration
300 White Hall
The Educational Specialist degree in Educational Administration–Higher Education provides continuing educational opportunities for practitioners who wish to hold professional leadership positions.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcript(s)
- Minimum 3.250 graduate GPA is recommended
- GRE with recommended scores at 50th percentile or higher (waived if master's degree GPA is 3.25 or higher)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Résumé or vita
English Language Proficiency Requirements for International Students: All international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning a minimum 550 TOEFL score (79 on the Internet-based version), minimum 77 MELAB score, minimum 6.5 IELTS score or minimum 58 PTE Academic score. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website. Effective spring 2018.
Applications will be assessed holistically, considering applicants' academic credentials, related professional experience, academic or professional references, scholarly and professional activities, among others. For more information about graduate admission, please visit the Graduate Studies website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of psychosocial and cognitive-structural theories of student and adult development that guide the profession and be able to the impact the college environment has on student learning and development.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of and conversant knowledge of the legal issues facing higher education today, including being familiar with legislation that impacts decision making within higher education and understanding the rights and responsibilities of students, staff, faculty and institutions.
- Demonstrate, through practical experience in two or more functional areas within higher education, the potential to succeed in professional leadership positions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the administrative and financial functions performed on a college or university campus.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the diverse nature of higher education in the United States, and articulate the challenges and opportunities associated with the provision of a diverse, multicultural educational setting.
|EVAL 65511||RESEARCH IN EDUCATIONAL SERVICES||3|
|HIED 76652||LAW AND HIGHER EDUCATION||3|
|HIED 76653||COLLEGE STUDENT DEVELOPMENT:THEORY AND PRACTICE||3|
|HIED 76657||LEADERSHIP IN EDUCATION ORGANIZATIONS||3|
|HIED 76671||THE ADMINISTRATION OF MULTICULTURALISM AND DIVERSITY IN HIGHER EDUCATION||3|
|Electives, choose from the following:||15|
|INTERNSHIP IN HIGHER EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION|
|SPECIAL TOPICS IN HIGHER EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION|
|INDIVIDUAL INVESTIGATION IN HIGHER EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION|
|HISTORY OF HIGHER EDUCATION|
|THE PRIVATE LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGE|
|STUDENT AFFAIRS FUNCTIONS IN HIGHER EDUCATION|
|STUDENTS AND THE COLLEGE ENVIRONMENT|
|HIGHER EDUCATION CURRICULUM|
|THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE|
|FACULTY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|POLITICS AND POWER IN ORGANIZATIONS|
|STATUS OF WOMEN IN HIGHER EDUCATION|
|SERVICE LEARNING IN HIGHER EDUCATION|
|FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN HIGHER EDUCATION|
|BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN HIGHER EDUCATION|
|THE ADMINISTRATION OF DISTANCE AND CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMS IN HIGHER EDUCATION|
|ADMINISTRATION OF STUDENT DISABILITY SERVICES IN HIGHER EDUCATION|
|INTERNATIONALIZATION OF HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS|
|INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AND AMERICAN COLLEGES|
|RESEARCH IN ADMINISTRATION OF INTERNATIONAL HIGHER EDUCATION|
|COMPARATIVE HIGHER EDUCATION|
|INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATORS|
|WORKFORCE, ECONOMIC AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN COMMUNITY COLLEGES|
|ISSUES AND TRENDS IN COMMUNITY COLLEGE ADMINISTRATION|
|INTERPERSONAL AND GROUP DYNAMICS IN EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS|
|THEORIES AND METHODS OF ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT|
|ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION IN HIGHER EDUCATION|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||30|