Evaluation and Measurement - M.Ed.
School of Foundations, Leadership and Administration
300 White Hall
The Master of Education degree in Evaluation and Measurement develops educators and specialists in the areas of assessment, measurement, research design and program evaluation. The program serves teachers and administrators seeking applied measurement, research and evaluation skills for use in schools (pre-kindergarten to grade 12) and in higher education. The program also serves professionals seeking careers in the areas of evaluation, research and psychometrics.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
English Language Proficiency Requirements for International Students: All international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning a minimum 550 TOEFL score (79 on the Internet-based version), minimum 77 MELAB score, minimum 6.5 IELTS score or minimum 58 PTE Academic score. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website. Effective spring 2018.
For more information about graduate admission, please visit the Graduate Studies website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics at a conceptual and application level.
- Demonstrate knowledge of research design and methods by selecting and executing the appropriate research design and methods for a variety of applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of measurement, including the methods to develop valid and reliable measures of constructs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary and classic theories in program evaluation, the purposes and logic of program evaluation and the processes of different types of program evaluation.
|EVAL 55610||CLASSROOM ASSESSMENT||3|
|EVAL 65510||STATISTICS I FOR EDUCATIONAL SERVICES||3|
|EVAL 65511||RESEARCH IN EDUCATIONAL SERVICES||3|
|EVAL 68807||PROGRAM EVALUATION||3|
|Major Electives, choose from the following in consultation with advisor:||20|
|CLASSICAL TEST THEORY|
|FACTOR ANALYSIS IN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH|
|SPECIAL TOPICS IN EVALUATION AND MEASUREMENT|
|INDIVIDUAL INVESTIGATION IN EVALUATION AND MEASUREMENT|
|RESEARCH IN EVALUATION AND MEASUREMENT|
Other electives, as approved by program advisor
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||32|
Students have six years from the term of first enrollment to complete their M.Ed. degree.