Online Learning and Teaching - Graduate Certificate
School of Lifespan Development and Educational Sciences
405 White Hall
The Online Learning and Teaching graduate certificate provides the skills people need to teach effectively online, whether they are teaching an entire course online or integrating web-based activities into a traditionally taught class. Students examine recommendations from research, design their own online modules and develop effective strategies for delivering instruction online.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Graduate Certificates for the College of Education, Health and Human Services
- Students seeking a graduate certificate must maintain a minimum 3.000 grade point average. A graduate certificate student who receives a combination of more than 8 credit hours of B or lower grades, or more than 4 credit hours of grades lower than C is subject to dismissal. Students who are unable to maintain academic standards of the College are subject to dismissal for academic reasons. Grades of C- or below are not counted toward completion of the certificate.
- Certificates must be completed within six years after the first graduate enrollment.
- No more than 2 credit hours of workshop may be used toward a certificate.
- Before being eligible to be awarded a Certificate, students must be admitted to the Certificate program.
- Students currently in a graduate degree program may also apply to a certificate program. Their degree seeking coursework may be applied to the certificate coursework with advisor approval. The courses must be completed within six years and satisfy certificate course requirements
- Students who have a previous graduate degree and are not currently seeking another graduate degree may transfer a maximum 6 credit hours with advisor approval. These credits may include hours from another KSU program, or from another accredited institution, if the following conditions are met: (1) courses were at the graduate level; (2) a grade of "A" or "B" was earned; (3) credit will be less than six years old at the time the certificate is conferred at Kent; and (4) student was admitted as a graduate student at the time the course was taken.
- Some program areas may be more restrictive. Students are advised to consult their program.
|ITEC 67436||DISTANCE EDUCATION||3|
|ITEC 67438||INSTRUCTIONAL APPLICATIONS OF THE INTERNET||3|
|ITEC 67442||DESIGNING ONLINE COURSES||3|
|ITEC 67444||TEACHING ONLINE COURSES||3|
|ITEC 67449||RESEARCH IN ONLINE LEARNING||3|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||15|
|Minimum Certificate GPA|