Nurse Educator - Graduate Certificate
The Nurse Educator graduate certificate provides nurses who already have a graduate nursing degree the additional specialized knowledge and experience for the nurse educator role. The certificate meets the educational requirements for national certification examination.
Fully Offered At:
- Master's degree in nursing or a doctorate in nursing practice from an accredited nursing program
- Minimum 3.000 graduate GPA on a 4.000 scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Active, unrestricted registered nurse license in the state in which practicum hours will be completed
- Résumé or vita
- Transcript(s) of all previous graduate coursework1
- Syllabi of all courses to considered for transfer in the gap analysis
- Three letters of reference from health care professionals or faculty members
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 560 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 83 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 78 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 55 PTE score
Effective for admission in spring 2019 or later, applicants will be required to submit a goal statement (no more than 250 words) describing reasons for seeking the certificate in the identified specialty and professional goals.
For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies admission website. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website.
Transcript(s) must indicate completion of graduate-level courses in advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology and advanced health assessment, with a minimum B grade earned in each course. Applicants who do not meet the grade requirement for advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology and advanced health assessment may be considered for a conditional admission.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
|NURS 60601||CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION IN NURSING EDUCATION||3|
|NURS 60602||ROLES AND EVALUATION FOR NURSING EDUCATION CURRICULA||3|
|NURS 60604||CLINICAL NURSING AND EDUCATION ISSUES IN A SPECIALTY AREA||2|
|NURS 60605||NURSING EDUCATION WITH TECHNOLOGY||2|
|NURS 60592||NURSING EDUCATION PRACTICUM||3|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||13|
|Minimum Certificate GPA|