Eligibility for Doctor of Podiatric Medicine Degree
All candidates for the degree Doctor of Podiatric Medicine must have:
- Maintained satisfactory academic performance with no grade below a C or S (satisfactory);
- Demonstrated clinical competence through completion of the performance objectives;
- Been verified as being in good disciplinary standing;
- Satisfactorily completed all academic requirements, including clinical rotations and externship/clerkship program requirements;
- Fulfilled all responsibilities and financial obligations to the college and to the university;
- Demonstrated moral and mental competency to practice podiatric medicine;
- Been recommended by the faculty for graduation;
- Taken and passed the American Podiatric Medical Licensing Examination (APMLE), Part I, taken both sections of Part II (written examination and the Clinical Skills Encounter – CSPE examination) and released the score reports to the college;
To be eligible for graduation in May, candidates must have met all of the above requirements before June 30 immediately following the May graduation. Attendance at the graduation ceremony is required.
All students must successfully complete the graduation requirements within six years of their initial matriculation. Exceptions for students with extenuating circumstances must have the approval of the CPME.
There is no contract stated or implied, between the college and the students that a degree will be conferred at any stated time, or at all.