Department of Management and Information Systems
- Program Coordinator: O. Felix Offodile | email@example.com | 330-672-1141
- Speak with an Advisor
- Chat with an Admissions Counselor
- In person
- Kent Campus
The Leadership minor provides students skills in understanding the business environment as a system of interrelated and interdependent parts. Students learn how to analyze the system to identify opportunities and challenges for addressing stakeholder concerns, in addition to gaining skills for influencing others to work toward sustainable practices.
Responsible leadership involves making sustainable business decisions that consider the interests of all stakeholders including employees, clients, suppliers, customers, society, the environment and future generations. Addressing these varied and often conflicting concerns requires skill.
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
- To declare the minor, students must have a minimum 2.000 overall Kent State University GPA. No Kent State University GPA is required if the student is a first-semester freshman or transfer student admitted in good standing.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership principles and theory.
- Demonstrate skills in assessing and proposing solutions for critical issues managers face.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the workplace as a system of interrelated and interdependent parts.
|COMM 25863||BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION||3|
|or MGMT 34175||LEARNING TO LEAD|
|or MGMT 44395||SPECIAL TOPICS IN MANAGEMENT|
|or PACS 11001||INTRODUCTION TO CONFLICT MANAGEMENT (DIVD) (KSS)|
|MGMT 24163||PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT||3|
|MGMT 34165||DYNAMICS OF LEADERSHIP||3|
|Minor Electives, choose from the following:||6|
|INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP BEHAVIOR IN ORGANIZATIONS|
|THE BUSINESS CASE FOR SUSTAINABILITY|
|CROSS-CULTURAL CONFLICT MANAGEMENT (DIVG)|
|CONFLICT IN THE WORKPLACE|
|PSYCHOLOGY OF MOTIVATION|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||15|
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).