Business Spanish - Minor
Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies
109 Satterfield Hall
The Business Spanish minor offers core courses in language, culture and conversation/texts for business purposes. The minor is especially well-suited as a combination with a business or marketing major.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
|Prerequisite Requirements 1|
|ELEMENTARY SPANISH I|
|ELEMENTARY SPANISH II|
|INTERMEDIATE SPANISH I|
|INTERMEDIATE SPANISH II|
|MCLS 30420||FOREIGN LANGUAGES AND CULTURE STUDIES||3|
|SPAN 38211||SPANISH GRAMMAR AND COMPOSITION||3|
|SPAN 38213||SPANISH READING AND CONVERSATION||3|
|SPAN 38215||SPANISH PHONETICS AND DICTION||3|
|SPAN 38240||CONVERSATION FOR BUSINESS AND SPECIAL PURPOSES: SPANISH||3|
|SPAN 38421||CIVILIZATION OF SPAIN||3|
|or SPAN 38424||CULTURE AND CIVILIZATION OF LATIN AMERICA|
|SPAN 48240||BUSINESS AND SPECIAL TEXTS: SPANISH||3|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||21|
Prerequisites may be satisfied with demonstrated language proficiency.
|Minimum Minor GPA|
- Students must complete at least two upper-division (30000 or 40000 level) courses in the minor at Kent State on a graded basis (A-F).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).
- Some courses in the Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies are offered on a rotating basis, and course availability may change at any time. Visit the department's website for course offering projections and advising with course planning.