- Kent Campus
The Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner graduate certificate provides nurses who already have a graduate nursing degree the additional specialized knowledge and clinical experience for the adult gerontology acute care nurse practitioner role. The certificate meets the educational requirements for national certification examination.
- Master's degree in nursing or a doctorate in nursing practice from an accredited nursing program
- Minimum 3.000 graduate GPA on a 4.000 scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Active, unrestricted registered nurse license in the state in which practicum hours will be completed
- Résumé or vita
- Goal Statement (no more than 250 words) describing reasons for seeking the certificate in the identified specialty and professional goals.
- Transcript(s) of all previous graduate coursework1
- Syllabi of all courses to considered for transfer in the gap analysis
- Three letters of reference from health care professionals or faculty members
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 560 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 83 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 78 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 55 PTE score
For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies admission website. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website.
Transcript(s) must indicate completion of graduate-level courses in advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology and advanced health assessment, with a minimum B grade earned in each course. Applicants who do not meet the grade requirement for advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology and advanced health assessment may be considered for a conditional admission. For applicants who have not practiced as an advanced practice registered nurse within the two-year period preceding application to the certificate, completion of graduate-level courses in advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology and advanced health assessment must not be greater than five years old at the time of the student's first semester of course registration in the certificate.
Professional Licensure Disclosure
This program is designed to prepare students to sit for applicable licensure or certification in Ohio. If you plan to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Ohio, please review state educational requirements for licensure or certification and contact information for state licensing boards at Kent State's website for professional licensure disclosure.
|NURS 60129||ADULT GERONTOLOGY ACUTE CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER I||3|
|NURS 60130||ADULT GERONTOLOGY ACUTE CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER II||1|
|NURS 60230||ADULT GERONTOLOGY ACUTE CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER III||4|
|NURS 60330||ADULT GERONTOLOGY ACUTE CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER IV||2|
|NURS 60506||CLINICAL DIAGNOSTICS FOR ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSES||3|
|NURS 61092||ADULT GERONTOLOGY ACUTE CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER I PRACTICUM||2|
|NURS 61392||ADULT GERONTOLOGY ACUTE CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER II PRACTICUM||2|
|NURS 62392||ADULT GERONTOLOGY ACUTE CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER III PRACTICUM||2|
|NURS 63392||ADULT GERONTOLOGY ACUTE CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER IV PRACTICUM||2|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||21|
|Minimum Certificate GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|