Professional Pilot - Minor
Aeronautics and Engineering Building
The Professional Pilot minor is for students who want to learn to fly but are not necessarily interested in a career as a professional pilot. Upon completion, students are expected to have the Commercial Pilot certificate with Instrumental rating.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of fundamental aeronautical concepts and practices.
- Understand attributes of a modern aviation professional.
- Possess the knowledge and skills to obtain the Commercial Pilot certificate to be eligible for professional work as a commercial pilot.
- Possess the knowledge and skills to obtain a Commercial Pilot Airplane Multiengine Land with Instrument rating.
|AERN 15740||ELEMENTS OF FLIGHT THEORY||5|
|AERN 15741||PRIVATE PILOT FLIGHT||5|
|AERN 25250||ELEMENTS OF AVIATION WEATHER||3|
|AERN 25743||COMMERCIAL PILOT FLIGHT I||2|
|AERN 35644||INSTRUMENT FLIGHT THEORY||3|
|AERN 35645||INSTRUMENT PILOT FLIGHT||2|
|AERN 35647||COMMERCIAL PILOT FLIGHT II||2|
|AERN 35746||COMMERCIAL PILOT THEORY||2|
|AERN 35747||COMMERCIAL PILOT FLIGHT III||2|
|AERN 45653||MULTI-ENGINE PILOT FLIGHT||1|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||27|
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).