Technology - Minor
Aeronautics and Engineering Building
The Technology minor provides students with a broad introduction to the fundamentals of applied engineering.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Appreciate the impact of technology on civilization.
|ENGR 20002||MATERIALS AND PROCESSES||3|
|ENGR 21020||SURVEY OF ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS||3|
|ENGR 21022||SURVEY OF ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS LABORATORY||1|
|Engineering Electives, choose from the following:||9|
|CULTURAL DYNAMICS TECHNOLOGY (DIVD) (WIC)|
|MATERIALS AND PROCESSES II|
|PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLERS|
|PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLERS II|
|ADVANCED COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN II|
|PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY|
|MANAGEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION|
|INDUSTRIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY|
|SUSTAINABLE ENERGY I|
|SUSTAINABLE ENERGY II|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||19|
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).