School of Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Studies
- Kent Campus
The Adapted Physical Education Endorsement Preparation non-degree program offered by Kent State University Physical Education Teacher Education has been approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. The endorsement consists of two graduate level courses.
The non-degree program is not a master's degree program. Students interested in obtaining a teaching license and a master's degree from Kent State University must also be fully admitted into the master's degree program and complete the prescribed coursework on the master's degree prospectus, in addition to courses that are prescribed here for licensure.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Valid K-12 Physical Education teaching license from the State of Ohio
Professional Licensure Disclosure
This program is designed to prepare students to sit for applicable licensure or certification in Ohio. If you plan to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Ohio, please review state educational requirements for licensure or certification and contact information for state licensing boards at Kent State's website for professional licensure disclosure.
Residence Requirement Policy for Non-Degree Teacher Education Licensure/Endorsement Preparation Programs
- Non-degree licensure (initial and additional) and endorsement programs that are a total of 15 credits or above: Students must complete 60% of the coursework at Kent State University, including the course that addresses the CAEP A.1.1 Standard as designated by the program area.
- Non-degree licensure (initial and additional) and endorsement programs that are less than 15 total credits: Students must complete 100% of the coursework at Kent State University.
- Students are permitted 6 years to complete licensure programs and 4 years to complete endorsement programs at Kent State University.
- Coursework transferred from another university cannot be more than 6 years old at the time the licensure/endorsement program is completed.
- Students who do not meet the residence requirements will not be recommended for licensure by Kent State University.
|CI 65037||ADAPTED PHYSICAL EDUCATION||3|
|CI 65592||PRACTICUM IN ADAPTED PHYSICAL EDUCATION||3|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||6|
- Minimum 3.000 overall GPA
Prior to program completion, the candidate must demonstrate proficiencies in the following areas (including but not limited to): Data literacy and analysis, use of research and assessment data, leadership and collaboration, utilizing and supporting appropriate technology for the discipline, and application of professional dispositions, laws and policies, codes of ethics and professional standards appropriate to their field of specialization.
Candidates seeking Ohio teaching licensure are required to pass specific requirements in order to apply for licensure from the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). Students should consult the Physical Education program for specific program requirements and refer to the Ohio Department of Education - Educator Preparation website for more information on assessments specific to licensure type.