- Program Coordinator: Darice Polo | firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-2249
- Speak with an Advisor
- In person
- Kent Campus
- Stark Campus
The Drawing minor provides an introduction to fundamental form, pictorial structure and media through work from observation and conceptual projects. Emphasis in the minor is on students' continued development in drawing toward individually conceived creative practice.
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability (skill) to work within their chosen medium/media, and understand associated materials and processes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of larger contemporary and historical contexts.
- Demonstrate a high degree of design and visual literacy in their work.
|ART 10022||2D COMPOSITION||3|
|ARTS 14000||DRAWING I||3|
|ARTS 14001||DRAWING II||3|
|Studio Art Electives, choose from the following:||9|
|DRAWING AS A STUDIO PRACTICE|
|FIGURE DRAWING 1|
|DRAWING: STRUCTURE AND EXPERIMENTATION 1|
|KENT BLOSSOM ART 2|
|SPECIAL TOPICS: STUDIO ART 2|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||18|
Repeatable for a maximum of 6 credit hours.
May be used with approval from a faculty or academic advisor.
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).