Visual Communication Design - M.A.
School of Visual Communication Design
241 Taylor Hall
The Master of Arts degree in Visual Communication Design is recommended for students with undergraduate degrees in design or related fields who wish to advance their studio skills in print design, illustration, web design, 3-D design, motion graphics, interactive design, corporate identity, information architecture, interaction design or information graphics. The program offers individualized plans of study, experiential learning, design history and research. Interdisciplinary study is encouraged.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Undergraduate degree in design or closely related program for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate major GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Autobiographical statement (250 words)
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 587 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 94 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 82 MELAB score
- Minimum 7.0 IELTS score
- Minimum 65 PTE score
For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies admission website. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic skills and knowledge of design processes, principles, vocabulary and history.
- Develop a body of creative work at a level appropriate for a graduate designer/illustrator/photographer.
|VCD 55000||GRAPHIC DESIGN PERSPECTIVES||3|
|VCD 60010||DESIGN RESEARCH METHODS||3|
|VCD 60011||TYPOGRAPHIC STRUCTURES AND SYSTEMS||3|
|VCD 60012||CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION||3|
|VCD 60013||GRAPHIC DESIGN ADVANCED||3|
|VCD 60099||M.A. PROJECT GRAPHIC DESIGN AND ILLUSTRATION||4|
|UXD 60001||USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN PRINCIPLES AND CONCEPTS||3|
|Visual Communication Design (VCD) Studio Electives||9|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||31|