Chemistry - M.A.
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
210 Williams Hall
The Master of Arts degree in Chemistry provides opportunities for students with courses in analytical, bio-, inorganic, organic and physical chemistry. The extraordinary breadth of the program gives students considerable flexibility in curriculum design, ensuring a modern and dynamic graduate education.
Fully Offered At:
- Kent Campus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Completion of undergraduate courses consisting of one year each in analytical chemistry or biochemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, calculus and physics is expected
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- Minimum 600 quantitative GRE score or minimum 143 quantitative GRE score is expected (although the subject GRE is not required, candidates are encouraged to provide a subject GRE score to strengthen their application)
- Goal statement
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 525 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 71 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 74 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.0 IELTS score
- Minimum 50 PTE score
For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies admission website. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an improved knowledge of a narrow specialization within chemistry.
|Chemistry Courses 1||32|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||32|
Minimum 21 credit hours of classroom courses are required. The selection of these courses will be planned by the student and a faculty adviser to best fulfill the needs of the student. There is no research requirement for this degree. This program is only available with permission.