About This Program
The Medical Billing undergraduate certificate provides a basic understanding of software, medical terminology, coding and procedures used in medical settings such as hospitals, clinics, doctors' offices and outsourcing facilities involved with providing billing operations. The certificate prepares students for the Certified Coding Associate exam from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Lead Faculty: John Baker | email@example.com | 330-308-7570
- Speak with an Advisor
- Chat with an Admissions Counselor
- Fully online
- In person
- Salem Campus
- Tuscarawas Campus
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries*
Medical secretaries and administrative assistants
- 9.5% much faster than the average
- 623,400 number of jobs
- $37,350 potential earnings
* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.