Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Program Coordinator: Chris Groening | email@example.com | 330-672-3927
- Speak with an Advisor
- In person
- Kent Campus
- Stark Campus
In today’s highly competitive business environment, successful managers must have a strong focus on providing customer satisfaction as well as the ability to research consumer needs, wants and desires; understand what these mean in terms of company offerings; and communicate the benefits of their products or services effectively. The Marketing minor helps students develop the perspectives and skills necessary to understand consumers and to provide customer satisfaction.
Students completing the minor should be equipped to bring a marketing orientation to both profit and not-for-profit organizations.
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
- To declare the minor, students must have a minimum 2.000 overall Kent State University GPA. No Kent State University GPA is required if the student is a first-semester freshman or transfer student admitted in good standing.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this minor will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of segmentation and target marketing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the consumer decision-making process and its implications for marketers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the wide-ranging importance of marketing to businesses, society and their own lives.
|ECON 22060||PRINCIPLES OF MICROECONOMICS (KSS)||3|
|MKTG 25010||PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING||3|
|MKTG 35035||CONSUMER BEHAVIOR||3|
|Minor Electives, choose from the following:||9|
|INTRODUCTION TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP|
|SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING|
|ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION MANAGEMENT|
|ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL SELLING|
|INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE IN MARKETING (ELR)|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||18|
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Students may not pursue a minor and major in the same discipline.
- Students who major in Entrepreneurship and minor in Marketing cannot use ENTR 27056 or MKTG 45046 as Marketing minor electives. Also, if Entrepreneurship majors use MKTG 35056 as an entrepreneurship major elective, it cannot also be used as a Marketing minor elective unless the other 6 credit hours (of the 9 credit hours needed for Marketing minor electives) are different from the Entrepreneurship major.
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).