About This Program
The certificate in Viticulture provides students with the practical experiences and technological skills of the cultivation of grapes for making wine. This program emphasizes hands-on experiences and internships at local vineyards and wineries in Ohio.
Students who complete the certificate are qualified for positions in the commercial winemaking industry as a viticulturist, vineyard manager and assistant vineyard manager.
- College of Applied and Technical Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-2864
- Speak with an Advisor
- Chat with an Admissions Counselor
- In person
- Ashtabula Campus
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries*
Farmworkers and laborers, crop, nursery, and greenhouse
- 3.8% about as fast as the average
- 566,500 number of jobs
- $28,660 potential earnings
First-line supervisors of farming, fishing, and forestry workers
- -1.1% decline
- 53,200 number of jobs
- $50,080 potential earnings
Separating, filtering, clarifying, precipitating, and still machine setters, operators, and tenders
- 3.5% about as fast as the average
- 53,100 number of jobs
- $43,100 potential earnings
* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.