Fully Offered At:
- Fully online
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner graduate certificate prepares nurses who have a graduate nursing degree the additional specialized knowledge for the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner role. The certificate meets the educational requirements for the national certification examination.
- Master's degree in nursing or a doctorate in nursing practice from an accredited nursing program
- Minimum 3.000 graduate GPA on a 4.000 scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Active, unrestricted registered nurse license in the state in which practicum hours will be completed
- Résumé or vita
- Goal statement (no more than 250 words) describing reasons for seeking the certificate in the identified specialty and professional goals
- Transcript(s) of all previous graduate coursework1
- Syllabi of all courses to considered for transfer in the gap analysis
- Three letters of reference from health care professionals or faculty members
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 560 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 83 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 78 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 55 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English score
Transcript(s) must indicate completion of graduate-level courses in advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology and advanced health assessment, with a minimum B grade earned in each course. Applicants who do not meet the grade requirement for advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology and advanced health assessment may be considered for a conditional admission. For applicants who have not practiced as an advanced practice registered nurse within the two-year period preceding application to the certificate, completion of graduate-level courses in advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology and advanced health assessment must not be greater than five years old at the time of the student's first semester of course registration in the certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Acquire educational eligibility to meet standards for advanced practice certification or other advanced professional distinction.
- Acquire competencies based on professional standards to assume advanced roles in nursing, and for leadership and career advancement, including doctoral study.
- Communicate, integrate and apply advanced nursing knowledge and skills to provide evidence-based, culturally sensitive nursing care and promote quality outcomes in nursing and health care.
Professional Licensure Disclosure
This program is designed to prepare students to sit for applicable licensure or certification in Ohio. If you plan to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Ohio, please review state educational requirements for licensure or certification and contact information for state licensing boards at Kent State's website for professional licensure disclosure.
|NURS 60012||ADVANCED MENTAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT AND PSYCHOPATHOLOGY||4|
|NURS 60051||NEUROBIOLOGY AND PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY OF MAJOR PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS||4|
|NURS 60151||INDIVIDUAL PSYCHOTHERAPY||3|
|NURS 60251||FAMILY AND GROUP PSYCHOTHERAPY||3|
|NURS 60353||INDIVIDUAL, ORGANIZATION AND COMMUNITY CONSULTATION||3|
|NURS 61592||INDIVIDUAL THERAPY PRACTICUM||2|
|NURS 62592||MEDICATION MANAGEMENT AND INDIVIDUAL THERAPY PRACTICUM||2|
|NURS 63592||FAMILY AND GROUP THERAPY||2|
|NURS 64592||PSYCHIATRIC MENTAL HEALTH PRACTICUM IV: NURSE PRACTITIONER ROLE||2|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||25|
|Minimum Certificate GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|