- In person
- Stark Campus
The Music Technology minor is designed to give students a strong foundation in the rapidly developing field of music production and audio recording technologies. Coupled with courses in applied music, the minor provides students with the necessary tools to be successful in studio equipment, techniques and standards.
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
|MUS 11121||THEORY I||4|
|MUS 21113||MUSIC PRODUCTION I||3|
|MUS 21114||MUSIC PRODUCTION II||3|
|MUS 21221||AUDIO RECORDING I||3|
|MUS 21222||AUDIO RECORDING II||3|
|Minor Electives, choose from the following:||7|
|MUSIC CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP|
|APPLIED MUSIC PIANO|
|APPLIED MUSIC VOICE|
|APPLIED MUSIC - VIOLIN|
|APPLIED MUSIC - VIOLA|
|APPLIED MUSIC - CELLO|
|APPLIED MUSIC DOUBLE BASS|
|APPLIED MUSIC - FLUTE|
|APPLIED MUSIC - OBOE|
|APPLIED MUSIC - CLARINET|
|APPLIED MUSIC - BASSOON|
|APPLIED MUSIC - SAXOPHONE|
|APPLIED MUSIC - TRUMPET|
|APPLIED MUSIC - HORN|
|APPLIED MUSIC - TROMBONE|
|APPLIED MUSIC - EUPHONIUM|
|APPLIED MUSIC - TUBA|
|APPLIED MUSIC PERCUSSION|
|APPLIED MUSIC GUITAR|
|MUSIC PRODUCTION III|
|MUSIC PRODUCTION IV|
|NAVIGATING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY|
|APPLIED MUSIC - JAZZ|
|APPLIED MUSIC-DOUBLE BASS|
|APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|ELECTRIC GUITAR APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|ELECTRIC BASS APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|DRUM SET PERCUSSION APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|KEYBOARD APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|CONTEMPORARY VOICE APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|FLUTE APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|CLARINET APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|SAXOPHONE APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|TRUMPET APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|HORN APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|TROMBONE APPLIED STUDIO MUSICIANSHIP|
|ACOUSTICS AND TECHNOLOGY IN MUSIC|
|HISTORY OF CONTEMPORARY POPULAR MUSIC (DIVD) (WIC)|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||23|
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Students declared in the Music or Music Education major must complete 18 credit hours that are separate from music degree requirements.
- MUS 11110 , MUS 11111, MUS 16914 and MUS 16915 will not count as credit for graduation in this program.
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).