Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Department of Managementwww.kent.edu/business
About This Program
The Management minor provides a basic core of management courses, with emphasis on strategic management, leadership and the management of employees. Students gain an overview of managerial functions and expertise that will add value to the career preparations provided by their major programs.
- Interim Department Chair: Steven A. Dennis | firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-2426
- Speak with an Advisor
- Ashtabula Campus
- Geauga Campus
- Kent Campus
- Stark Campus
- Trumbull Campus
- Tuscarawas Campus
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
- To declare the minor, students must have a minimum 2.000 overall Kent State University GPA. No Kent State University GPA is required if the student is a first-semester freshman or transfer student admitted in good standing.
- Students in the Business Management major may not declare this minor or the Management for Business Major minor.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Assess and suggest appropriate solutions to human resource-related business problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership principles and theories.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic financial accounting records.
- Demonstrate understanding of impact of globalization on business.