About This Program
The Ph.D. degree in Business Administration offers rigorous coursework and research opportunities to prepare graduates for success in academia or industry. With top-notch faculty and cutting-edge resources, our program develops critical thinking skills, innovative problem-solving abilities and advanced research methods to equip graduates with the tools they need to make a significant impact in the world of business. Read more...
Applications to the Human Resource Management concentration are not being accepted at this time.
Examples of Possible Careers
- Assistant Professor of Accounting
- Assistant Professor of Finance
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems
- Assistant Professor of Management
- Assistant Professor of Marketing
AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
For more information about graduate admissions, visit the graduate admission website. For more information on international admissions, visit the international admission website.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 GPA on a 4.000-point scale (effective fall 2024, minimum 3.000 GPA will be required)
- Official transcript(s)
- Minimum 600 GMAT or 315 GRE scores
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 600 TOEFL PBT score
- Minimum 100 TOEFL IBT score
- Minimum 85 MELAB score
- Minimum 7.0 IELTS score
- Minimum 68 PTE score
- Minimum 120 Duolingo English score
- Fall Semester
- Application deadline: January 1 (international student) and February 1 (domestic student)
Applications submitted after these deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of their interest area and display a high degree of mastery in appropriate theories, analytical skills, research design and methodologies.
- Conduct original research by integrating knowledge of specific areas of interest and successfully articulating their research in written form.
The Ph.D. degree in Business Administration prepares doctoral students to conduct high-quality, scholarly research and teach effectively in the field of business. The degree's purpose is to develop the intellectual potential of the student through emphasis on specific areas of concentration within the framework of the general field of business administration. Academic objectives are accomplished through close student-faculty working relationships. The program provides the flexibility to allow for a considerable degree of individual design, based upon the career needs and objectives of the student.
The Business Administration major comprises the following concentrations:
- The Accounting concentration prepares highly qualified candidates for faculty positions in colleges and universities. In addition to completing doctoral-level coursework and a dissertation, students conduct scholarly research and become effective teachers.
- The Finance concentration prepares students for finance faculty positions in colleges and universities. Students complete courses in business and finance, learn how to conduct high-quality, scholarly research and become effective teachers.
- The Human Resource Management concentration prepares students for academic positions in the field of human resource management. Students are trained to be researchers and teachers. Applications to the Human Resource Management concentration are not being accepted at this time.
- The Information Systems concentration creates a strong grounding in areas of behavioral, strategic and economic aspects of global information systems decision-making. Students are trained to become scholars and effective teachers.
- The Marketing concentration prepares highly qualified candidates for positions of professional responsibility in university teaching and research. The program offers a solid balance of teaching experience and preparation for conducting scientific research.