About This Program
Join the forefront of robotics and automation research with a Ph.D. degree in Mechatronics Engineering. Collaborate with world-renowned experts, access state-of-the-art facilities and unlock a world of advanced career opportunities. Enroll now and be part of the next generation of innovators. Read more...
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries*
Engineering teachers, postsecondary
- 8.6% much faster than the average
- 44,600 number of jobs
- $103,600 potential earnings
Engineers, all other
- 1.3% slower than the average
- 170,100 number of jobs
- $103,380 potential earnings
Electronics engineers, except computer
- 1.4% slower than the average
- 134,900 number of jobs
- $107,540 potential earnings
- 2.8% slower than the average
- 66,400 number of jobs
- $118,610 potential earnings
Operations research analysts
- 24.8% much faster than the average
- 105,100 number of jobs
- $86,200 potential earnings
* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.
For more information about graduate admissions, visit the graduate admission website. For more information on international admissions, visit the international admission website.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in mechatronics engineering or closely related area (e.g., electrical engineering or mechanical engineering) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s) from each institution in which eight or more semester credit hours were attempted
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score (internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English test score
For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies website. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education website.
- Fall Semester
- Application deadline: November 1
Applications submitted after this deadline will be considered on a space-available basis.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Conduct literature searches, comprehend advanced research materials and uncover connections between related work.
- Perform research, discovery and integration by applying advanced knowledge of mechatronics engineering.
- Communicate problems and solutions in mechatronics engineering clearly, both verbally and in writing.
The Ph.D. degree in Mechatronics Engineering provides an advanced theoretical and/or research-oriented curriculum with significant depth in mechatronics related discipline, beyond the general fundamentals of the engineering bachelor's degree.