About This Program
The fully online Clinical Research certificate is ideal for individuals with clinical experience or background who want to learn more about carrying out clinical research studies. With a 9.3% increase in job postings for clinical research positions in the last three years, and 14,607 nationwide job openings for clinical research coordinators, now is the time to gain the knowledge and skills needed to excel in this exciting field. Read more...
Examples of Possible Careers
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Trial Assistant
For more information about graduate admissions, visit the graduate admission website. For more information on international admissions, visit the international admission website.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 525 TOEFL PBT score
- Minimum 71 TOEFL IBT score
- Minimum 74 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.0 IELTS score
- Minimum 50 PTE score
- Minimum 100 Duolingo English score
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Conduct patient-oriented research to understand and modify health outcomes.
- Carry out clinical studies and clinical trials.
- Describe clinical data and understand the sources, strengths and limitations of patient data.
- Determine the methods and procedures to carrying out clinical studies.
- Interact with human subjects and describe prognosis, therapies and outcomes.
- Describe management of clinical studies.
- Describe regulatory affairs related to clinical trials.
- Discuss Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Identify good clinical practices.
The Clinical Research graduate certificate provides the essentials skills necessary to function as an integral part of a research team carrying out patient-centered clinical research and trials. This certificate is appropriate for a wide range of individuals who are seeking credentials to move into positions such as a clinical research coordinator and clinical research associate.
Graduates will have an in-depth understanding of industry best practices; clinical epidemiology study designs; biases and factors that can impact study results; clinical study management; good clinical practices; regulatory affairs that guide clinical research; research ethics and HIPAA, protected health information and limited datasets.
Students may apply the courses in the certificate toward the M.P.H. degree or the M.S. degree in Clinical Epidemiology.