Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Department of Information Systems and Business Analyticswww.kent.edu/business
About This Program
In today's data-driven business landscape, the ability to analyze and interpret data is a crucial skill. Our graduate certificate in Business Analytics equips you with the tools and knowledge to collect, process and analyze data, and use it to make informed business decisions. You'll learn how to use the latest analytics software, apply statistical methods and develop insights that can transform organizations. Read more...
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries*
- -10.0% decline
- 287,900 number of jobs
- $185,950 potential earnings
Data scientists and mathematical science occupations, all other
- 30.9% much faster than the average
- 33,200 number of jobs
- $98,230 potential earnings
General and operations managers
- 5.8% faster than the average
- 2,486,400 number of jobs
- $103,650 potential earnings
- 10.7% much faster than the average
- 876,300 number of jobs
- $87,660 potential earnings
Operations research analysts
- 24.8% much faster than the average
- 105,100 number of jobs
- $86,200 potential earnings
AACSB, International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.
For more information about graduate admissions, visit the graduate admission website. For more information on international admissions, visit the international admission website.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement (effective with spring 2024 admission term, goal statement is no longer required)
- Two letters of recommendation (effective with spring 2024 admission term, the letters are no longer required)
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English score
- Fall Semester (online and in-person programs)
- Spring Semester (online program only)
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Develop proficiency in the framing of business and analytics problems.
- Provide leadership and decision-making abilities using analytics tools in different business contexts throughout the model lifecycle.
- Develop competencies in identifying data needs and sources, data acquisition and the cleaning and refining of data for analytical processing.
- Develop competencies in analytical model selection, software selection and model building.
- Develop competencies in deploying, validating and interpreting analytical solutions.
The Business Analytics graduate certificate provides individuals — especially those without analytics job titles or responsibilities but with the burning desire for the field — the opportunity to familiarize themselves with this ever-growing and versatile discipline. The certificate program also enables these individuals to augment their knowledge base beyond their chosen professions and improve their value to their employers and businesses, or marketability if they choose to change jobs.
The premise of the certificate program is to provide graduates a firm grasp of important analytical techniques and the knowledge of how to best implement, interpret and communicate them in a variety of business contexts. This goal is pursued using a "Three-Foci Model" design that integrates data analysis, information and data management and decision-making and leadership. This model can be summarized as encompassing analytics technologies, techniques and decision-making processes.