School of Lifespan Development and Educational Services
About This Program
The Special Education Early Childhood (PK-5) Initial Licensure Preparation program prepares students to become licensed special education teachers for young children, providing the knowledge and skills necessary to create effective learning environments for all students. With a combination of coursework and field experiences, students will develop a deep understanding of how to address the unique needs of children with disabilities and promote their academic and social success. Read more...
- Program Coordinator: Sanna Harjusola-Webb | email@example.com | 330-672-0585
Ching I Chen | firstname.lastname@example.org |
- Chat with an Admissions Counselor
- In person
- Kent Campus
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries*
Special education teachers, preschool
- 8.3% much faster than the average
- 23,000 number of jobs
- $61,400 potential earnings
* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.