About This Program
Looking to make a difference in K-12 education and library sciences? Kent State University's Master of Library and Information Science degree with a School Library Media focus is the perfect way to jumpstart your career. You'll gain practical skills and hands-on experience that prepare you for professional positions in public, private and charter schools, as well as special libraries and other information agencies. Pair the M.L.I.S. with the M.Ed. in Educational Technology for even more opportunities. Read more...
- School Director: Meghan Harper | iSchool@kent.edu | 330-672-2782
- Connect with an Admissions Counselor: U.S. Student | International Student
- Fully online
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries*
Librarians and media collections specialists
- 5.0% faster than the average
- 146,500 number of jobs
- $60,820 potential earnings
Educational instruction and library workers, all other
- 4.4% about as fast as the average
- 141,400 number of jobs
- $41,570 potential earnings
The M.L.I.S. degree in School Library Media K-12 is approved by the American Library Association and accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.