School of Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Studies
About This Program
The Reading Endorsement Preparation non-degree program prepares students to obtain the Ohio K-12 Reading endorsement. Completion of the coursework is a prerequisite to being recommended by Kent State University for this endorsement; and endorsements are granted by the Ohio Department of Education.
The non-degree program is not a master's degree program. Students interested in obtaining a teaching endorsement and a master's degree from Kent State University must also be fully admitted into the master's degree program and complete the prescribed coursework on the master's degree prospectus, in addition to courses that are prescribed here for an endorsement.
- Program Coordinator: Denise Morgan | firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-0663
- Connect with an Admissions Counselor: U.S. Student | International Student
- Fully online
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries*
Education teachers, postsecondary
- 4.8% about as fast as the average
- 77,300 number of jobs
- $65,440 potential earnings
English language and literature teachers, postsecondary
- 2.1% slower than the average
- 81,300 number of jobs
- $69,000 potential earnings
Middle school teachers, except special and career/technical education
- 3.6% about as fast as the average
- 627,100 number of jobs
- $60,810 potential earnings
* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.