Examples of Possible Careers*
Computer and information research scientists
- 15.4% much faster than the average
- 32,700 number of jobs
- $126,830 potential earnings
Software developers and software quality assurance analysts and testers
- 21.5% much faster than the average
- 1,469,200 number of jobs
- $110,140 potential earnings
Data scientists and mathematical science occupations, all other
- 30.9% much faster than the average
- 33,200 number of jobs
- $98,230 potential earnings
Source of occupation titles and labor data is from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.
The Master of Science degree in Artificial Intelligence prepares students with a focused educational and research environment to develop career paths through necessary learning and training with emerging artificial intelligence technologies and applications to intelligent analytics, smart homes and communities and robotics and automation. Graduates have technical knowledge and research and development skills necessary for applying artificial intelligence to industry, community and military. These areas include sectors requiring intelligent pattern-analysis of big data such as retail, healthcare, biology, psychology and intelligent human-machine interactions and interfaces.
- Bachelor's degree in artificial intelligence, computer science, computer engineering or related area from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Core components of an undergraduate computer science curriculum1
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 525 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 71 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 74 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.0 IELTS score
- Minimum 50 PTE score
- Minimum 100 Duolingo English Test score
For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies admission website. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be to:
- Combine intelligent analytics and automation, human-computer interaction and robotics techniques to optimize and automate, transportation, industrial process and/or healthcare processes.
- Apply machine learning techniques on big data to predict, classify, data mine and explore patterns.
- Apply intelligent visualization and Internet-based techniques for smart homes and communities.
- Perform research, discovery and integration by applying knowledge of artificial intelligence theory and techniques.
Student should complete a minimum two required courses and either CS 53302, CS 64301 or CS 67302 before taking elective courses.
Students must maintain a minimum B grade with a minimum 3.000 GPA. Student earning less than a 3.000 GPA or earning a C grade or lower in two courses will be placed on academic probation.
Graduation Requirements Summary
|Minimum Major GPA || Minimum Overall GPA |
|3.000 ||3.000 |