The Ph.D. degree in Geography provides specialized training and inquiry into contemporary problems in geography.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English Test score
For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies admission website. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Engage in independent research projects.
- Acquire experiences in formulating research problems, reviewing relevant literature, designing research methodology, analyzing research data and formulating results from academic research.
|Code ||Title ||Credit Hours |
|GEOG 80199||DISSERTATION I 3||30|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||60|
Of the 30 credit hours of coursework required for the degree, students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours that are letter graded at the doctoral degree–level.