School of Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Studies
About This Program
The Alternative Licensure Professional Development Institute at Kent State would serve new teachers who completed the Ohio Department of Education requirements for an Alternative Resident Educator License. These teachers then have four years to complete 15-18 credit hours, depending on their area of licensure, from a professional development institute approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. This fully online program has 7-week courses sequenced to allow teachers to complete the required courses in one calendar year. Read more...
- Program Coordinator: Elizabeth Testa | email@example.com | 330-672-2580
- Connect with an Admissions Counselor: U.S. Student | International Student
- Fully online
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries*
Middle school teachers, except special and career/technical education
- 3.6% about as fast as the average
- 627,100 number of jobs
- $60,810 potential earnings
Mathematical science teachers, postsecondary
- 1.3% slower than the average
- 60,100 number of jobs
- $73,650 potential earnings
* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.