Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- In person
- Kent Campus
The Entrepreneurship for Business Majors minor brings an entrepreneurial perspective to students' major in business. Entrepreneurship is more than a set of tools and techniques for starting and growing a business. It is a mindset, a creative way of looking at opportunities, a passion, doing what one loves, a challenge, persistence and creating wealth and operating a business, whether one owns it or not.
Students in the minor are immersed in the entrepreneurial process through coursework, entrepreneurial projects and exposure to many entrepreneurs in the community. Students are prepared for the various aspects of starting a business, acquiring a business, corporate entrepreneurship or working for a small business.
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
To declare the Entrepreneurship for Business Majors minor, students must have a minimum 2.000 overall Kent State University GPA. No Kent State University GPA is required if the student is a first-semester freshman or transfer student admitted in good standing.
Only students declared in a major in the College of Business Administration may declare the minor.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the entrepreneurial process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic and financial components entrepreneurs are faced with in order to success as an entrepreneur.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic consequences faced by an entrepreneur.
|ECON 22060||PRINCIPLES OF MICROECONOMICS (KSS)||3|
|ENTR 27056||INTRODUCTION TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP||3|
|ENTR 27466||SPEAKER SERIES IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP||1|
|ENTR 37040||ENTREPRENEURIAL TOOLS 1||3|
|ENTR 47047||STRATEGIC DILEMMAS IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP||3|
|Minor Electives, choose from the following:||6|
|TAX FOR ENTREPRENEURS|
|BEGINNING PRACTICUM (ELR)|
|SALES IN THE ENTREPRENEURIAL VENTURE|
|ADVANCED PRACTICUM (ELR)|
|SPECIAL TOPICS IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP I|
|NEW ENTERPRISE FORMATION|
|SEMINAR IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP|
|INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP (ELR)|
|SPECIAL TOPICS IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP II|
|SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING|
|ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL SELLING|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||19|
Managerial Marketing majors must take MMTG 35011.
ACCT 33013 is designed specifically for Entrepreneurship students rather than Accounting students.
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Students may not pursue a minor and major in the same discipline.
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).