- Program Coordinator: Xiaoyu Zheng | email@example.com | 330-672-9089
- Speak with an Advisor
- In person
- Kent Campus
- Stark Campus
The Mathematics minor offers study in several areas of pure mathematics and can be combined with several majors, including those in the sciences and education.
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
|ALGEBRA FOR CALCULUS BOOST (KMCR)|
or MATH 10775
|ALGEBRA FOR CALCULUS PLUS (KMCR)|
or MATH 11010
|ALGEBRA FOR CALCULUS (KMCR)|
Computer Programming Elective, choose from the following:
|COMPUTER SCIENCE PRINCIPLES (KMCR)|
|PROGRAMMING FOR PROBLEM SOLVING IN SCIENCES|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE I: PROGRAMMING AND PROBLEM SOLVING|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE IA: PROCEDURAL PROGRAMMING |
and COMPUTER SCIENCE IB: OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING (min C grade in both courses)
|MATH 12002||ANALYTIC GEOMETRY AND CALCULUS I (KMCR) (min C grade)||5|
|MATH 12003||ANALYTIC GEOMETRY AND CALCULUS II (min C grade)||5|
|MATH 21001||LINEAR ALGEBRA (min C grade)||3|
|MATH 22005||ANALYTIC GEOMETRY AND CALCULUS III (min C grade)||4|
|MATH 31011||PROOFS IN DISCRETE MATHEMATICS (min C grade)||3|
|or MATH 32044||ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS|
or Mathematics Upper-Division Course (MATH 40000 level)
|Mathematics Electives, choose from the following:||6|
|MODERN ALGEBRA I (ELR) (WIC)|
|MODERN ALGEBRA II (ELR) (WIC)|
|THEORY OF MATRICES|
|THEORY OF NUMBERS|
|ANALYSIS I (ELR) (WIC)|
|ANALYSIS II (ELR) (WIC)|
|PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS|
|GRAPH THEORY AND COMBINATORICS|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||26|
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Students must complete at least two upper-division (30000 or 40000 level) courses in the minor at Kent State on a graded basis (A-F).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).