Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Department of Information Systems and Business Analyticswww.kent.edu/business
About This Program
Unlock the power of data and advance your career with the M.S. degree in Business Analytics. Our program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to leverage data analytics to make informed business decisions. With coursework designed to build proficiency in data analysis, data mining and data visualization, graduates are well-prepared to meet the demands of today's data-driven business environment. With our certificate, you'll be prepared to pursue a career in data analytics, business intelligence or consulting. Read more...
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries*
- -10.0% decline
- 287,900 number of jobs
- $185,950 potential earnings
Data scientists and mathematical science occupations, all other
- 30.9% much faster than the average
- 33,200 number of jobs
- $98,230 potential earnings
General and operations managers
- 5.8% faster than the average
- 2,486,400 number of jobs
- $103,650 potential earnings
- 10.7% much faster than the average
- 876,300 number of jobs
- $87,660 potential earnings
Operations research analysts
- 24.8% much faster than the average
- 105,100 number of jobs
- $86,200 potential earnings
- 34.6% much faster than the average
- 42,700 number of jobs
- $92,270 potential earnings
AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.
For more information about graduate admissions, visit the graduate admission website. For more information on international admissions, visit the international admission website.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university1
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English score
- Fall Semester
- Application deadline: March 15 (international student) and June 15 (domestic student)
- Spring Semester
- Application deadline: October 1 (international student) and December 1 (domestic student)
Applications submitted after these deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis.
Minimum 30 credit hours required for the degree is the assumption that students do not have any unmet requirements they need to be successful in the program. The business analytics program coordinator may make further determination of a student’s preparedness for the program and what prerequisite courses, if any, may be required.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Identify key characteristics of the business problem.
- Identify opportunities and constraints of various data analytical frameworks and tools.
- Formulate appropriate data analytic techniques to solve the business problem.
- Perform necessary data preparation steps (retrieve, clean and manipulate data).
- Demonstrate necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to implement several data-analytic frameworks using different tools.
- Lead and work with teams to frame the business problem.
- Convey in writing the outcomes of analytics for stakeholders.
- Use visual outcomes of analytics to communicate orally effective messages for stakeholders.
The Master of Science degree in Business Analytics provides students with a comprehensive knowledge of analytics that balances the technologies, analytical methods and business expertise needed to glean useful information from data to make strategic business decisions. The language of business today is dependent on information and data management, and the emergence of advanced technologies for capturing, preparing and analyzing data provides unprecedented opportunities for those with business analytics expertise that spans all industries and organizations.
Students in the Business Analytics major gain the technical, analytical, communication, decision-making and leadership skills needed to be successful business analysts. The curriculum includes integrative capstone analysis projects, and there is an internship option for additional professional development through the on-site Career Services Office.