- email@example.com | 330-672-2892
- Speak with an Advisor
- In person
- Kent Campus
The Innovation minor is an interdisciplinary program that addresses the need to use innovation to solve many pressing problems in manufacturing, science, business and technology.
Admission to a minor is open to students declared in a bachelor’s degree, the A.A.B. or A.A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree (not Individualized Program major). Students declared only in the A.A. or A.S. degree or the A.T.S. degree in Individualized Program may not declare a minor. Students may not pursue a minor and a major in the same discipline.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Utilize basic analytical skills, intuition and creative thinking to develop practical ethical solutions to real world problems
- Apply various problem-solving methodologies and strategies with regards to innovation, while considering impacts to business, planning and sustainability
|DI 20100||INTRODUCTION TO DESIGN INNOVATION||3|
|ENGR 27210||INTRODUCTION TO SUSTAINABILITY||3|
|Minor Electives, choose from the following:||9|
|BE SMARTER THAN YOUR SMARTPHONE|
|CHALLENGE-BASED INNOVATION (ELR)|
|SPECIAL TOPICS IN DESIGN INNOVATION|
|DESIGN INNOVATION GRAND CHALLENGES STUDIO PROJECT (ELR)|
|COMPUTER AIDED ENGINEERING GRAPHICS|
|MATERIALS AND PROCESSES|
|INTRODUCTION TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP|
|INTRODUCTION TO USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN|
|Minimum Total Credit Hours:||15|
|Minimum Minor GPA||Minimum Overall GPA|
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).