Examples of Possible Careers*
Architectural and engineering managers
- 2.6% slower than the average
- 198,100 number of jobs
- $149,530 potential earnings
Engineering teachers, postsecondary
- 8.6% much faster than the average
- 44,600 number of jobs
- $103,600 potential earnings
Engineers, all other
- 1.3% slower than the average
- 170,100 number of jobs
- $103,380 potential earnings
Source of occupation titles and labor data is from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.
The Master of Science degree in Mechatronics Engineering provides an advanced theoretical and/or research-oriented curriculum with significant depth in mechatronics-related discipline, beyond the general fundamentals of the engineering bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor's degree in mechatronics engineering or closely related area (e.g., electrical engineering or mechanical engineering) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s) from each institution in which eight or more semester credit hours were attempted
- Goal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score (internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English test score
For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies website. For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Conduct literature searches, comprehend advanced research materials and uncover connections between related work.
- Perform research, discovery and integration by applying advanced knowledge of mechatronics engineering.
- Communicate problems and solutions in mechatronics engineering clearly, both verbally and in writing.