Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Department of Managementwww.kent.edu/business
About This Program
Kent State University's Executive M.B.A. degree is specifically designed for seasoned executives who are looking to enhance their business acumen and gain a competitive edge in their industries. Its accelerated delivery helps you achieve your goals faster than a traditional M.B.A. Read more...
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries*
- -10.0% decline
- 287,900 number of jobs
- $185,950 potential earnings
- Financial Executives
- General and Operations Executives
- Human Resources Executives
- Sales and Marketing Executives
- Supply Chain, Transportation and Distribution Executives
AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.
For more information about graduate admissions, visit the graduate admission website. For more information on international admissions, visit the international admission website.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale1
- Official transcript(s)
- Seven years experience in a responsible position
- Goal statement
- Two forms of recommendation
- Interview with the Executive M.B.A. program director
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English score
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates from the program will be able to:
- Identify the problem and select the appropriate tool(s) to resolve the problem.
- Analyze the problem in order to come to a decision or conclusion.
- Articulate their position and apply their ideas effectively in writing.
- Articulate their position and apply their ideas orally.
- Articulate their ideas collaboratively as part of a team and provide some meaningful contribution to the overall team effort.
- Identify stakeholders related to ethical dilemmas and understand the difference between the ethical and legal aspects of the dilemma.
- Identify alternatives and consequences regarding an ethical dilemma and support a course of action.
- Identify global factors involved in making business decisions.
- Prioritize and analyze alternatives and consequences related to global factors and support a strategic decision in a global business context.
The Master of Business Administration degree for professionals (Executive M.B.A.) prepares students for leadership positions in regional, national and international organizations. Curricular and co-curricular emphases are on ethical leadership, teamwork, creative problem solving, global perspectives and skillful applications of information technology.
The Executive M.B.A. is a highly personalized and interactive educational experience. The program is structured such that students take all their classes together, study in teams and interact with senior business faculty. Professional development workshops and free career coaching are included in the program.
The program is offered in an accelerated delivery, with courses offered in seven-to-nine-week modules, and students being able to earn the degree in 19 months. Students enter the program in August, starting with a three-day overnight residency. After that, they meet once monthly on weekends for classes, supplemented with a blend of synchronous and asynchronous delivery offered on the remaining weekends. Overall, this program offers in-person delivery for more than 50 percent of instruction. A 10-day international business experience is included midway through the program, providing participants with an applied learning experience abroad.