Undergraduate students who are 21 years or older and will have been graduated from high school for three or more years at the time of their first college enrollment are considered freshman adult students. Other students classified as adult students fit these criteria and also have earned a General Education Development (GED) credential and whose high school class will have been graduated for three years or more at the time of their first enrollment.

Adult students who have earned previous credits at any post-secondary institution are considered transfer students. Official transcripts from each school attended must be provided for admission consideration. For adult students who have completed 12 or more semester hours of college credit, a high school transcript is not required. Refer to the policy on Transfer Undergraduate Student in the University Catalog for more information.

Prospective and admitted adults students should contact the Center for Adult and Veteran Services for counseling and help with procedures.